Vaccine FAQ


Q: How can I tell if my illness or injury was caused by a vaccine?


A: The best way to evaluate your illness or injury is to see a doctor as soon as possible after you begin experiencing symptoms. He or she should be able to give you more information about the vaccine, its potential side effects, and his or her recommendations for treatment. Seeing a medical professional also starts a trail of medical records that can be valuable in proving your injury in the claims process.


Q: Can I sue the manufacturer of a vaccine or the doctor who administered it?


A: No. The claims process for vaccine-related injuries is different from other types of defective product or medical malpractice claims. Compensation for these injuries comes from the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program trust fund and is determined in federal court.

Q: How do I file a vaccine injury claim?

A: You must submit a petition in federal court to receive a ruling on your injury claim. If you retain a lawyer, he or she can do this on your behalf and develop the strongest possible petition for compensation.

Q: Do I need an attorney to make a vaccine injury claim?

A: While you are not legally required to have legal counsel to file a claim through the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program, keep in mind that it is wise to consult a lawyer in any legal proceeding. An experienced attorney like those at Schexnaydre Law Firm, LLC, can greatly increase your chances of success.

Q: What if I can't afford a lawyer?

A: The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program — not the victim — pays all legal fees associated with bringing a claim. Because you are not responsible for paying attorney fees, there is no reason not to consult with a lawyer to develop the strongest possible claim.

Contact Schexnaydre Law Firm, LLC, For More Answers

Contact Schexnaydre Law Firm, LLC, for an initial consultation to learn more about how the firm can help you after a vaccine injury. Please call the firm's office in Mandeville, Louisiana, at 888-339-0696 or send an email and someone will contact you promptly.